Information We Collect
On This Website
Wellington will not collect nonpublic personal information about you when using this website unless you provide us that information voluntarily. "Nonpublic personal information" generally means information about your identity that is not available from other public sources. Wellington may collect certain other types of information that provides us with usage data, such as the number of visitors to this website, which pages are most popular, and what types of browsers are used to access this website.
From or About Our Applicants and Customers
We do collect nonpublic personal information as permitted by applicable law. Wellington may collect a variety of such information including, but not limited to:
- Information we receive from you or your agent on applications for insurance, when you pay insurance premiums, or file an insurance claim (including, but not limited to: name, address, property description, date of birth, social security number, driver’s license number, phone number, e-mail address, employment status);
- Information we obtain from your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others (including, but not limited to: policy coverages, premiums, payment history, loss and/or claim history);
- Information we receive from consumer reports or your mortgage company; and
- Information we receive from third parties (including, but not limited to: credit bureaus, motor vehicle reports, claim reports, demographic data, medical information and/or history).
We use this information in order to effect, administer, and/or enforce a transaction that you request or authorize and/or to provide services related to your relationship with us.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may share information as permitted by applicable law. Instances where we may share information include:
- For our everyday business purposes – such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus.
- For our marketing purposes – to offer our products and services to you.
- For joint marketing with other financial companies.
- For our affiliates' everyday business purposes – information about your transactions and experiences.
"Affiliates" generally includes companies with a "Wellington" name, such as Wellington Risk Insurance Agency, Inc., Wellington Premium Finance, Inc., and Wellington Claim Service, Inc. Nonaffiliates we may share with include insurance companies that offer and/or write the insurance policies we service and/or support.
We employ reasonable physical and technical safeguards to maintain the confidentiality of your nonpublic personal information and to comply with applicable federal and state law.
This website may contain links to third-party websites not maintained by Wellington, or you may have reached this website from a link on a third-party website. Wellington does not endorse, promote, or otherwise recommend in any way the products, services, and/or information available on any such websites. Any links to third-party websites on this website are offered for informational purposes only. Wellington does not control and is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of third parties. Accordingly, you should understand the privacy and security policies of any such third-party website.
Communicating Over the Internet
No method of communicating over the Internet, whether by e-mail or otherwise, is fully secure. While Wellington seeks to protect your information as outlined above, you should not assume that communications over the Internet are secure.